The Stress Less Guide to Studying in Australia - Part One

Pre Departure

You’re on the cusp of moving to Australia for University and at this point you might be panicking just a little bit. Fair enough. This series of posts will hopefully help to set your mind at ease. It’s hardly exhaustive so there might be some omissions, if you notice any glaring ones feel free to make the addition in the comments or send me an email!

Coming up to Christmas there are three things you’ll have needed to sort out that are very important. The first is your electronic confirmation of enrollment or “eCoE”. This is simply a document from your chosen University confirming that you definitely have a place. Good to have. The second thing is your student visa. Put simply this allows you unlimited exits and entries into Australia for the length of your chosen degree. If you don’t have one of these in your passport you probably won’t get into the country. Likewise good to have. Finally, something to sort out, is Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Going off personal experience having OSHC was a condition of having my student visa so I presume it still is. 


If you have any questions regarding any of this I recommend contacting your education provider. For future Murdoch students, all your contact options are here.

Once you have those squared away it’s time to give some thought to where you are going to stay. Most Universities offer some kind of on-campus accommodation and the Murdoch University Village homepage can be found here. Just remember that there are other options available to you, such as those found here at Perth Student Accommodation (here) . I am not endorsing any of these choices, I personally lived for two years in on campus accommodation before I moved out. I liked living in the Village but, and I stress I heard this second hand, it has gotten quite expensive.

If you’ve got all the documents sorted out and you know where you’re going to be living then you can breathe easy for a bit. There’s still a bit to do but most of the important stuff is out of the way. 

To be continued in Part Two - Packing for a different life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Perth, WA, Australia
I live in Perth and this blog is about navigating that life in my own way.

Followers


Recent Comments