Where were we?

Hi there. 

Maybe it's time we talked. 

We've drifted apart you and I and perhaps it's time for an explanation. 

After my last blog post I promised I would update and tell you what had happened in the interim, to explain why I hadn't been updating. Now you see clearly. Perhaps you always saw why and only now can you acknowledge. Maybe now is the time to truly look down that dark corridor and face the horror you have turned away from. The truth.

I lied. 

I said I was going to update and then I didn't. I can throw excuse after excuse, blame work, the start of semester or even a really interesting book that I started reading. All of these would be true but they don’t excuse that I broke the bond of trust between you and I. Anything I write from here on in, no matter how good, will never be able to wipe away that tarnish. I could promise to try to do better but I think we both know the value of my word now. All I will say is that if you decide to stick around, and nobody would blame you if you didn't, you might get to see some cool stuff. 

With that out the way, lets move onto a real blog post.

I'm back at Murdoch for another semester. This might sound confusing as I was supposed to finish last year but, with everything that happened, I was offered a retrospective withdrawal which I gratefully accepted.

A retrospective withdrawal is kind of like a magic wand that gets waved over your grades and makes the units you have done simply disappear without any kind of academic or financial penalty. Understandably they are only granted under exceptional circumstances which my case fell under. 

What this means is that I will be graduating a whole semester later than I would have otherwise but I also see it as a second chance. I have to do all new units but that's a small price to pay for getting to stay at University a little bit longer. It also means I get another semester of material to write blog posts out of, something I am quite looking forward to doing. For those of you that have decided to stick around it's going to be a fun year and you'll get the chance to read all about it here. 

1 comments:

Ashley Joseph said...

Welcome back :D

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Perth, WA, Australia
I live in Perth and this blog is about navigating that life in my own way.

Followers


Recent Comments